Πέμπτη 19 Νοεμβρίου 2009

Grade 6 EFL

Grade 6 EFL Name: ________________
Mrs Athanasia Tzifi Date: ________________



TEAM UP 3
Present continuous – Will - Be going to


Read the sentences below and mark them as a, b, c, according to what they express.
a. prediction based on what we think or imagine
b. promise
c. instant decision

1) I’m thirsty. I’ll buy an orange juice. à c
2) Don’t worry mum, I promise I‘ll be careful. ___
3) I think he’ll be back before midnight. ___
4) People will live in underwater cities in 2088. ___
5) I believe Tony will like the blue jacket best! ___
6) I think you will enjoy this show. ___
7) Is that the phone? I’ll get it! ___
8) I’ll do my best to win this competition. ___


Fill in the gaps with will or be going to and the verbs in brackets.
1) A: I’ m too tired to wash the dishes!
B: Don’t worry! I ______ (wash) them for you!
2) A: I don’t want to tidy my room.
B: If you don’t, I _________________ (not/let) you go to the cinema!
3) A: Do you have any plans for this evening?
B: Yes, I (visit) my friend, Maria.
4) A: Can somebody answer the phone?
B: I ____________ (get) it!
5) A: What are your plans for Friday afternoon?
B: I _______ _____ (have) lunch with my best friend.
6) A: Do you prefer orange juice or Cola?
B: I_____________ _ (have) some orange juice, please!

Circle the correct item.
1) She has saved enough money! She __________ that computer!
A. is going to buy B. won’t buy C. is buying
2) I’m very tired! I________ sleep early!
A. am going B. go to C. will go to
3) I __________ you as soon as I arrive!
A. will call B. calling C. won’t call
4) We can’t come with you this weekend. We ________ the children’s bedrooms.
A. are painting B. painting C. will paint
5) Please tell me! I promise I __________ tell anyone!
A. am not B. won’t C. not
6) I _______ go shopping now. I’m too tired!
A. will B. am C. won’t
7) Is he going to travel to Spain? Yes, ___________ .
A. he is going B. he isn’t C. he is
8) I expect Bill ____________ soon.
A. is calling B. will call C. is going to call

Also: Multi CD-rom Team Up 2, Lesson 2, Grammar 1 & 2